Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My 2014 Objectives

I don't care much for "resolutions."  So, since I am an HR gal, I've decided that for 2014 I am going to have personal and professional goals.

Putting just my goal for scrapbook pages on my blog has given me a quick and easy reference throughout this year and I am happy to report that I exceeded my goal of 200 pages and made 236 for 2013, even with planning a wedding and honeymoon!  Yay me!

I've got a couple areas I want to work on in 2014; so, here goes:

1.  Only buy the absolute necessary toiletries/cosmetics/etc.  I have SO many items in the shower, make up bin, etc. that are "almost" empty...why don't I just use them up and toss them?!  So, my monthly challenge is going to be to log all the beauty items I use up each month and give a little review and whether I would repurchase or not.

2.  No more magazine subscriptions (unless they are free).  My goal is to finish reading the backlog  of magazines in the living room and then start on my actual book collection!  My goal is 1-2 books per month.  I'll also share a review of those as I finish them.

My magazine backlog. Sigh.  Looks like I'll be reading Christmas decorating tips in July this year!

3.  At least one blog entry a week.  This has become such a useful way to reference items for my scrapbooking,  if nothing else!  Plus, I really do enjoy sharing my organizing,  crafts and other random life happenings.

4.  Use the elliptical that's literally just  accumulating spider webs in the basement.  I seriously have no self-discipline when it comes to working out.  I use to be so trim and motivated in high school/college.  Well, walking tons helped with that in college too.  For September and October, we walked 10k steps per day and it just felt like a chore.  With having a desk job, I rarely take more than 500-1000 steps during the workday.  So, if I can at least get in 20-30 minutes a day on the elliptical and walk Henderson 1-2 times  a week,  I will be satisfied.

5.  Less eating out at work.  Now that my office has moved to Cleveland, I have sooo many options for lunch!   Not to mention, I NEED that 30 minutes away from my desk.  My goal is to only eat out 2-3 times a week.  More fruits, veggies, sandwiches for this girl.  Maybe I will start walking at lunch??

6.  Since I beat my scrapbook page goal for 2013, I think I am going to go with ... 300 pages for 2014. 

Wish me luck!  What about you?  What are your resolutions/objectives for 2014?


No comments:

Post a Comment