Monday, January 6, 2014

Chevron Burlap Wreath

  Anyone else loving the burlap decor frenzy?  I may be a little late to the party but I've been a little busy in 2013!  Now that my time has been freed up from wedding planning, I'm trying my hand at a few different crafts!  At various craft shows over the last few months I've seen tons of burlap wreaths for various price points for sale-- anywhere from $40-$80.  I decided.. I can make those.  So, off to Hobby Lobby I went.  I picked up a 24" frame and chevron printed rolled burlap.  I got lucky because the rolls of burlap were 50% off when I happened to go shopping.  I think I started the hardest way with this -- with a large wreath form and burlap that was patterned on only one side!  I looked at a few tutorials on YouTube and a few other blogs and then went for it.  I got the wreath finished, stood back and looked and didn't LOVE it.   



I sole some of the picks from my garland and liked it better but it still wasn't just RIGHT.  

SO, I took it apart at 10pm on a work night!  I redid it making the loops much bigger and fuller and LOVE it now.  You can see the chevron print a lot better in this wreath too.  It's so fluffy and fun to look at.  So different too.  Plus, I like that I can change the accessories to match the seasons.  I do love the pop of red with the chevron.  
Here it is in it's final spot.  I hung it over a skinny wood Santa that was already hanging on this door and added a red burlap bow I found half off at Hobby Lobby.  LOVE it!



1 comment: