Friday, August 24, 2012

Organization Tip

The last few weeks I've been in a "get everything super organized" mood and I'm not sure why.  My scrapbook room is a place where I try really hard to keep everything organized and somewhat in order because it can quickly get out of hand!! I thought I would devote a few posts to how I stay organized in one of my FAVORITE places in the world. 

As an avid scrapbooker I feel like every scrap of paper should be saved in the small chance that it could be needed/used at a later point.  A few months ago I realized that I was going to be drowning in tiny scraps of paper with that mentality.  For my Cricut cuts I usually just need a smaller piece of paper so I decided to sort my scraps by size/color.  My scraps that are 5.5" x 7.5" or smaller are organized in clear stacking drawer containers like this:

 I added the dots on the outside to make it even more festive... :)

 What inside of the drawer looks like... this one obviously has all shades of red.  Plus, I decided it's worth it to spend the extra time cleaning up the edges before putting them away to keep them from sticking to each other, catching on other pieces, etc - just keeps the drawer neater.  I'll do another post on how I organize scraps that are bigger. 

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas girlie! I can't wait to have a craft room when we finally get a house! I'm so jeal! :)

    ReplyDelete