Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hoppy Easter

Where is the year going?  I swear it seems to be flying by.. the older I get the faster time seems to be going.  Easter has come and gone and we survived our first of many holidays without my grandpas.  It seems so hard to believe that just a year ago we had gone to the Greenbrier for lunch and Pa was there with us.  I think that's when I really started to notice how much trouble he was having with walking.  Usually he'd be the one walking us around checking out everything but last year he just sat and waited for us to walk around after we ate.  If you knew my Pa Paw you know how unlike him that was.  When I get sad I just have to remind myself of how many good memories I am so fortunate to have of time spent with my family.   
Easter 2010 at The Greenbrier
It seemed like such a quick trip home this time.  I was off work Good Friday but Adam was in a class in AL so I had to wait for him to get back before we could leave for home.  We got to Princeton around 9:00 Friday evening with Henderson in tow.  Saturday I got to play with Miss Abbie some her puppy Jackson.  He has already grown so much since Christmas when she got him!!  He sure is one feisty lil pup.  Dad took mom, Adam, Gran and me to lunch in Pearisburg, VA at a Mexican place he discovered.  It was really good and had a nice view of the mountains out the back. 

Even Henderson got in the spirit of Easter and modeled Abbie's bunny ears for us!
 

Sunday morning it was up and out to church for Easter service.  We had both grandma's with us so that made it really nice.  It was so different not having the grandpa's around ... it was like the elephant in the room just having the knowledge of them being gone.   

We had an excellent dinner at Granny's house - who doesn't love home cookin'?!  Then had a fun time playing with Abbie - we ran around in the yard, hid Easter eggs and then colored our own! 

Here's some pictures from Easter Sunday.. didn't Adam and I match nicely?!  He is such a good sport!  (Just don't buy him a pink polo!)  The tie he wore was one of my Grandpa Panashys, I think he'd be pleased that Adam is a sharp dresser just like he was :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment