Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!


Yep.. that's right.. today I turn 25 years old!  How did this happen?!?  Wasn't it just yesterday that Chip turned 10 and me 8 and we were going out to a snazzy dinner at the Char to celebrate?! The thought of actually turning a quarter of a century old really just has me baffled.  I think about all of my friends and the people that I know and the various stages people are in life at "25" and it's so all over the place!  I know people that are engaged, married, with kids, with SEVERAL kids, divorced, happily single, anxiously awaiting something bright and new, still in school, just starting their first "real" jobs and on and on it goes!


Celebrating "25" Disneyland style

2006: Just turned 20!
 So as I think about the last 25 years, I have to stop and take a minute to recognize how blessed and fortunate I am.  I have a wonderful family who has always stood by me and are always so proud of everything I've done - from my 16+ years of dance classes to my fierce independence that  I was born with and everything in between.  I have amazing friends who make me laugh and smile and feel like a kid(D) every time we get together.  We can go days, weeks and sometimes months without getting to catch up and still manage to talk like it was only yesterday that we were hanging out.  I have a sweet, gentle, kind, romantic, affectionate, smart, good-lookin', kid & animal loving, one-of-a-kind, TN movin' boyfriend that I wouldn't trade for all the black cats in the world.  

So, to sum it all up, I am one lucky chick.  I look forward to living out the rest of my century and adding to my wonderful collection of memories.  Here's 25 memories to celebrate the first 1/4 of my century:
  1. Getting to go to Australia with my family when I was 12
  2. Watching the sunset at the beach with Adam
  3. Spending the summer in Europe
  4. The feeling I had when my parents left me at the dorm for the first time at WVU
  5. Our last family vacation to Hawaii when Chip graduated high school
  6. Getting lost in Pittsburgh and my grandma yelling at Mom & me to call 911
  7. My last dance recital
  8. Spending time with my PaPaw
  9. Our treeless treehouse
  10. Chip and I running away to the backyard when we were little
  11. Summer nights playing hide and seek in the neighborhood
  12. Driving alone for the first time
  13. Crazy Beanie Baby collecting days
  14. Joint birthday parties with Chip - swimming, skating, sleepovers
  15. My black cats - Daytona, Chaz, Mason & Trixie
  16. Experiencing the devastation of suicide, loss of loved ones and friends passing away too soon
  17. Holding Abbie for the first time
  18. Being a Princess in the Forest Festival
  19. WVU Football
  20. Ski adventures at Winterplace
  21. Donating my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
  22. Having a stomach bug while interviewing at Olin in TN and the HORRIFIC plane ride back to Pittsburgh
  23. Road trips with Adam
  24. Buying my first house
  25. Spending my 25th birthday in San Diego with mom!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment