Another month down! Here's how I did:
1. Only buy the absolute necessary toiletries/cosmetics/etc
This goal should really have been more about using up what I have but I haven't been purchasing items sooo I guess it's working?? I don't think I bought any cosmetic type products in June that I can recall?! Maybe just some Neutrogena make-up remover cloths for the trip which I'm loving.
This month I used up:
- Sephora's brand lipstick in the shade "Star" S06. I find a lot of the colors to be very similar but I like the way they wear - would repurchase the brand and probably this shade in the future.
- Stila eyeliner in Bluefin. When I first started using this brand, I really liked it. Mainly because they are roll-up eye liners. I'm not so sure I'll continue to wear this liner though - doesn't seem to go on as easy as Urban Decay pencils, for example, and the color isn't as bold as I like.
- Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara in Black - I thought this mascara was fine - no preference for it either way. I got it for free in a Sephora gift set.
2. No more magazine subscriptions (unless they are free). My goal is to finish reading the backlog of magazines in the living room and then start on my actual book collection! My goal is 1-2 books per month.
I have a confession. Or should I say... my name is Ashley and I have a confession. I discovered Audible and I am in LOVE. I didn't think I would be one to EVER like audio books but I had an offer for a free download and used it for the Fault in Our Stars. I listened to the whole book basically in one day while scrapbooking, cleaning, getting ready, etc. Obsessed with how easy it was to follow along, back up, etc. Then, I went on to download Bossy Pants by Tiny Fey - hysterical!!! And THEN, I discovered, I could download books for free with my local library card WHAT!! So, I listened to Blue Skies by Robyn Carr. I'm unstoppable now! I will say, there are some downsides - to Audible, it's kinda pricey. To the library downloads, very limited books that I actually want to spend the time listening too. Still, a very awesome alternative to watching tv while scrapbooking, etc. Plus, great option to have while flying so I don't get motion sickness from flying.
So, that brings my total to 3 audiobooks, 3 traditional books and 7 magazines for the month. Yes, still loving me some Mary Higgins Clark! Where Are you Now? was one of the best ones yet.
3. At least one blog entry a week.
Hmmm I did 2 in May.. that's like half the goal?? I have so many great ideas for posts.. just need time!
4. Use the elliptical that's literally just accumulating spider webs in the basement -- get in 20-30 minutes a day on the elliptical and walk Henderson 1-2 times a week.
January - 56.53 miles
February - 64.57 miles
March - 62.27 miles
April - 46.23 miles
May - 68.84 miles
June - 61.61. miles
5. Less eating out at work. My goal is to only eat out 2-3 times a week.
Feel like I'm doing okay with this one - wasn't too great the last 2 weeks with being out of town and not having groceries but I'm back on the bandwagon now!
6. Since I beat my scrapbook page goal for 2013, I think I am going to go with ... 300 pages for 2014.
I completed 49 pages in June! Even though it's July, I'm going to throw out there that I finally finished 2010!!! I'm up to February 2011 now -- 2011 is going to be a beast - moved, 2 significant deaths in the family, San Diego and NYC trips, lots of family trips to TN with pics, Michigan, two big family weddings, holidays and more! Overwhelmed just thinking about it. The next several weekends are booked so scrapbooking time will be limited too.
How's everyone's goals going? On track? Keeping yourselves motivated??