Thursday, April 3, 2014

March Progress Toward Goals

How can it possibly be April already?!  I blinked and the first 3 months of 2014 are gone!  I do love April though, it's my favorite month.  Such a pleasant time of year - things are blooming, the smell of fresh grass and my birthday!  What's not to love?!

I'm still trekking right along on my personal goal challenge from New Years! 


 
 
 
1.  Only buy the absolute necessary toiletries/cosmetics/etc
Didn't use up quite as many products in March but alas, there were a few.  
  1. TreSemme Conditioner - good riddance!  Bought this huge bottle at Sam's eons ago and am so glad to have this out of the shower and out of my way!
  2. Bath & Body Works Brown Sugar & Fig Body Scrub - love this!  You can only get this scent at fall and this year I could only find it online - stores weren't carrying it.  I have noticed that the scent changes the longer you have the bottle, def. smells more plastic like the older it is.  
  3. A new favorite lip product!  I will probably purchase lots more of the Tarte Lip Surgence products once I make a dent in the collection at my house.  This was the color "glitzy" and it was amazing!  So smooth, long lasting, not sticky, perfection!
 
2.  No more magazine subscriptions (unless they are free).  My goal is to finish reading the backlog  of magazines in the living room and then start on my actual book collection!  My goal is 1-2 books per month.  
Still loving the Mary Higgins Clark books! They have so many twists and turns.  I read "Deck the Halls" and "On the Street Where you Live" by her as well as "Summer Light" by Luanne Rice.  All 3 were good books that I would recommend.  I also caught up on 4 weeks of People.  Slowly making my way through the stack! 

 3.  At least one blog entry a week.  
Yeah.. didn't too hot on this one again for March.  We've just had so much company + my giant organization project that I still need to share!
4.  Use the elliptical that's literally just  accumulating spider webs in the basement -- get in 20-30 minutes a day on the elliptical and walk Henderson 1-2 times  a week.
January - 56.53 miles 
February - 64.57 miles 
March - 62.27 miles
 
I can't believe I didn't beat my February goal in March!  I've even been walking several days a week at work during lunch!   

5.  Less eating out at work.  My goal is to only eat out 2-3 times a week.  
  I am doing a lot better with this - I do eat out maybe once a week but smaller portions at least.  I've been planning my lunches ahead of time too so that helps with having something ready to go in the morning.  Loving walking during lunch on days when it's not too cold/too hot! 
 
 6.  Since I beat my scrapbook page goal for 2013, I think I am going to go with ... 300 pages for 2014. 
I completed 64 pages in March!  I'm all the way to September 2010.  This weekend I'll be working on the Labor Day Cruise Adam and I took. 

How are your New Year Resolutions/Goals going?!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Ash you're doing great! You're motivating me to set some monthly goals too! So thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete