Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Wedding Programs

After making a lot of the paper items for our wedding myself, I knew I was going to end up making my programs to match.  Here's a little look:

I was unsure how many to make and after looking online at other people's comments/suggestions I ended up making around 85.  We had around 130 at the wedding and I still had about 25 that we didn't use.  I LOVE how they turned out and they matched the invitations perfectly (will post those later).  I ordered the paper from paperandmore.com and highly recommend them.  They have varying shades/sides/thicknesses of paper and shipping is very fast.  You can also order samples before ordering in bulk.  I'm thinking about switching to them to order all my scrapbook paper in the future as well.  The pink baker of the program is a thicker cardstock and then the white stacking sheets are just a normal weight - they actually have a shimmer to them.  I found the silver ribbon at Wal-Mart around midnight one night... I actually had bought a silver glittery ribbon for the bows but it was narrower and only one-sided so once I tried it on the program it just didn't look right.  So, I headed to the only store open at that hour and of course it was Wal-Mart.  I ended up getting lucky and actually this ribbon matched the invitation ribbon perfectly, just a little narrower.  I displayed the programs in a cute white wicker basket.    




No comments:

Post a Comment