Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Michigan 4th of July

For the 4th of July, Adam and I drove up to Michigan to spend a week with his family.  The 4th is his family's "big" holiday where all the family comes back to his parents.  Adam is one of 5 siblings so they have a very large family especially when you factor in spouses/fiances/girlfriends/kids/animals.  Adam and his brother Jason are the only ones that have moved away from his hometown so I know his mom is over the moon to have all her kids back under one roof. 

We spent the week swimming in the pool, jet skiing and boating in the lake, playing with the dogs, eatting and relaxing.  Oh, and I did sneak a quick trip in to Ikea on the 4th - - Love that place!!! 

Henderson loves going to his Nani's house for several reasons but especially because he gets to sleep on all the comfy furniture!!
Boating with Henderson

Beauitful sunset over the lake at Adam's parents

I also made my first trip to Mackinac Island.  Adam's brother flew us and his fiance Sarah up for the morning/afternoon.  We were going to go last year but the weather wasn't clear enough to fly so we finally got to go up this year.  I really enjoyed walking around the island and seeing all the pretty Victorian houses.  It was right up my alley.  I got some amazing Oreo fudge too!!
Before we took off for Mackinac
 


The Grand Village Hotel

Sarah, John, Adam and Me

Ariel shot of Mackinac on the way back home
The other big event while we were there was his sister Ashleigh's wedding!  She had a beauitful outdoor wedding and reception at her boyfriend's stepdad's house on the lake.  I don't know how she pulled it all off - she just got engaged in February! - but she did and it was a good time had by all.  His brother Jonathan is actually getting married a week before Christmas so there has been lots of wedding planning for the Gray family this year.     
All dressed up at the wedding - I actually had bought this dress for a Mardi Gras ball we had tickets to in Baton Rouge.  Unforunately, that's when my grandpa passed away and obviously we didn't go to the Ball.  So, I finally got to wear my dress that had been hiding away in the closet :-)

Adam's adorable nieces were flower girls - Sidney and Brooklyn

Gorgeous little bride!


No comments:

Post a Comment