Monday, August 4, 2014

July Progress Toward Goals

Today is the kitty babies 6th birthday!  We've had some good times together!  Hard to believe they've moved states 3 times in their 6 years, at least they adapt well.  Hubby and I had a random trip to Bowling Green, KY yesterday and spent the day exploring the cute city - we did an underground river boat tour and grabbed lunch before flying back.  That's the stuff memories are made of :)  I'm working on a "state" project that I'll share soon but KY was part of that project! 



Umm how cool is this?!  You put your camera on the post and then can use your self-timer to capture your picture without having to ask someone to take the picture for you!! Genius!!!!!




Here's a quick update on my goals for the year:




 1.  Only buy the absolute necessary toiletries/cosmetics/etc
On track!  I don't think I bought anything in this category this month and was able to use up a few more items!


  1. Jergens Natural Glow - I got a really good deal on these last summer and bought a few of the smaller tubes to try out.  I think the product does give a nice hint of tan and it starts out with an ok smell for a self-tanner product but I don't love the way it smells several hours later.  I typically sleep in the lotion and then wear a different one over it in the AM or re-shower. Probably not something I will repurchase once I use them all up.
  2. Vaseline aloe fresh hydrating lotion - LOVE this.  This lotion smells sooo fresh and clean.  This is my usual go-to lotion for after shower/before bed.  It also feels awesome if you've gotten too much sun.  Plus, this large bottle lasts FOREVER.  You def. get your money's worth.
  3. Brown Eyeliner by Stila - really like their eyeliner.  Twists up vs sharpening and doesn't smudge.  I do think it could "wear" longer though.
 2.  No more magazine subscriptions (unless they are free).  My goal is to finish reading the backlog  of magazines in the living room and then start on my actual book collection!  My goal is 1-2 books per month.  
I read the Kardashian Konfidential (not recommended) and Rob Lowe's Stories I Only Tell My Friends (would recommend).  I also read 3 of my People magazines - the magazine stack is not dwindling!!

On Audible, I finished Divergent, #1.  It was funny, on the way to Turks & Caicos, Adam and I started watching the movie and we landed before the movie ended so we downloaded the book and listened together on the beach, etc and then watched the rest of the movie on the way back to Atlanta.  I thought the movie was better than the book - the book made her out to be too wimpy.  

 3.  At least one blog entry a week.
I'm showing some improvement here!! I actually did 5 entries for the month of July!  I've been finding more time to participate in the scrapbook challenges at a blog I really like and time to blog in general.

 

4.  Use the elliptical that's literally just  accumulating spider webs in the basement -- get in 20-30 minutes a day on the elliptical and walk Henderson 1-2 times  a week.
January - 56.53 miles 
February - 64.57 miles 
March - 62.27 miles
April - 46.23 miles
May - 68.84 miles 
June - 61.61 miles
July - 65.74 miles
 
July was a good walking month!  Adam and I walked most mornings and it's really not been that hard to adjust to the 5:30 morning routine.
 
 5.  Less eating out at work.  My goal is to only eat out 2-3 times a week.  
I could have done a little better with this goal in July - with being out of town a few times and then having company for a week, it messed up grocery schedules and routines. 

6.  Since I beat my scrapbook page goal for 2013, I think I am going to go with ... 300 pages for 2014.
For July, I completed 27 pages.  Pretty happy with my progress YTD but still 3+ years behind.  Just can't seem to break the 3 year mark!  I'm currently working on the pages of when we moved into our current house (March 11, 2011) if that tells you anything!    

No comments:

Post a Comment