Tuesday, June 3, 2014

May Progress Toward Goals

Well, here we are, halfway through 2014!  

One week from our one year anniversary - amazing!  Bittersweet how fast it goes.  What a 
wonderful year we have been blessed with though!

As I've been doing my little personal goal "challenge" this year, a word dawned on me this weekend, BALANCE.  That's what this has really shown me!  My little goal challenge doesn't even take into account all of the other THINGS I want/need to do each day, just things I want to do. 

So, while I didn't get any scrapbooking done in May, I did go to Gatlinburg/Dolly Wood twice, celebrated my mom's 60th birthday, Adam's 30th Birthday, spent Memorial Day in Michigan, got our first floor of the house repainted, had a yard sale AND deep cleaned most of the first floor of the house ... and it looks AWESOME.  Below is a preview of the "Keeping Room" (only in the South) - OH and it was also a big moment for us in May because after 3+ years of living here, we took down Henderson's crate!!!  It really freed up some space and allowed me to move around the furniture and turn it into an office type space more or less.  Love the look of it!  Our diplomas were on that wall behind the rocker but for now, I'm enjoying the blank wall.   

 

1.  Only buy the absolute necessary toiletries/cosmetics/etc
Used up a few more items this month!  Plus, I caved and purchased some lip products from Sephora because I re-discovered ebates and HAD to try it out.  I can really tell a difference in my bathroom cabinets though; my stash is slowly starting to thin out!




2.  No more magazine subscriptions (unless they are free).  My goal is to finish reading the backlog of magazines in the living room and then start on my actual book collection!  My goal is 1-2 books per month.  
Read 2 book and a pile of magazines (still have a pile to go)!

 3.  At least one blog entry a week.  
Missed this one... only made it on here once!  Maybe if we had some rainy days :-)
 
 
4.  Use the elliptical that's literally just  accumulating spider webs in the basement -- get in 20-30 minutes a day on the elliptical and walk Henderson 1-2 times  a week.
January - 56.53 miles 
February - 64.57 miles 
March - 62.27 miles
April - 46.23 miles
May - 68.84 miles - did a ton of walking in Michigan!
 
 
5.  Less eating out at work.  My goal is to only eat out 2-3 times a week.  
Still doing well with this goal!  Haven't really seen any changes in weight but at least I'm not spending the money on fast food, etc. 
 
 6.  Since I beat my scrapbook page goal for 2013, I think I am going to go with ... 300 pages for 2014.  
Still hoping to get back track on scrapbooking sooner rather than later, especially since I have a beautiful organized room to scrapbook in!  It's all about BALANCE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment