Monday, March 31, 2014

February Progress Toward Goals

So yeah, it's been a while since I've blogged!  We have had SO much going on this month.  Adam's sister, brother-in-law and baby nephew were in town, my mom visited for 9 days and his parents have all been here as well!  My free time has been spent changing sheets, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping and squeezing in laundry!  While my mom was here, we did undertake completely re-organizing my scrapbook room and I can't wait to share the final results!!! I have plenty of "before" pics I will share too that are just plain scary!!  

I am trying to stay on track with my "2014 personal goals" and keep them in the forefront of my thoughts!  Here's how I did for February (I'm lame, it's time for a March update!!  )-:



1.  Only buy the absolute necessary toiletries/cosmetics/etc
Still on track for this goal!  I used up quite a few products in February!  
  • Purity facewash by Philosophy - I had already re-purchased this item on Black Friday - Sephora offers it for $10!  It lasts me forever too - this bottle lasted well over a year.  
  • Quiver Layers bodywash by Scentsy - def. a favorite of mine.  Well, I did fall off the wagon and re-order this product in February for 2 reasons - 1) I thought it was being discontinued and 2) I got a good deal on it since I sell these products.
  • Herbal Essences Shampoo - So long shampoo!! Will NOT be repurchasing.  Ever.
  • Pantene Shampoo - I really like their products and feel like for the price it's a great deal.  I rotate this brand and would repurchase in the future.  Love the scent. 
  • 2 Bamboo Pink Clinique Lip Sticks - love this but the color doesn't last long so you have to reapply 100 times a day.  
  • Black Eyeliner by Stila - really like their eyeliner.  Twists up vs sharpening and doesn't smudge.  I do think it could "wear" longer though.     
2.  No more magazine subscriptions (unless they are free).  My goal is to finish reading the backlog  of magazines in the living room and then start on my actual book collection!  My goal is 1-2 books per month.  

No books this month due to limited time from all the company but I did crush 7 magazines!  I think these were my last "Cosmos" and "Real Simples".  I'll continue to receive/read People.  

 3.  At least one blog entry a week.  
Totally fell off the wagon on this one

4.  Use the elliptical that's literally just  accumulating spider webs in the basement -- get in 20-30 minutes a day on the elliptical and walk Henderson 1-2 times  a week.
So, for January, I walked 56.53 miles and for February I got 64.57 miles in!  Progress! 

5.  Less eating out at work.  My goal is to only eat out 2-3 times a week.  
I think I am doing a lot better with this - I do eat out 1-2 times a week but smaller portions at least.  I've been planning my lunches ahead of time too so that helps with having something ready to go in the morning.  
 6.  Since I beat my scrapbook page goal for 2013, I think I am going to go with ... 300 pages for 2014. 
I don't have an exact page count for February but I know it was a ton because I did ALL of my wedding pictures!!! It took 1.5 12x12 albums and I LOVE the way it turned out.  I'll share pics in a later post.  See why I didn't have reading/blogging time this month??? :-)

How are your New Year Resolutions/Goals going?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment